A skin tags is a common, benign condition which consists of a bit of skin that projects from the surrounding skin and may appear attached to the skin. Skin tags are small, soft, flesh-colored growths that protrude from your skin. They are generally harmless. Skin tags are also commonly found on the eyelids and around the eye. Skin tags usually appear on people as they age. They are actually quite common in people over 60, more common in women than in men. They are skin coloured or darker and range in size from 1mm to 5cm. They are most often found in the skin folds (neck, armpits, groin). They tend to be more numerous in obese persons and in those with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Skin tags at first may appear as tiny soft bumps on the skin.
Body builders and other athletes who use illegal steroids can actually cause the skin tags through the pills or drugs they are ingesting. If a skin tag is twisted on its stalk, a blood coagulated can develop within it and the skin tag may become painful. A skin tag is irritated or cosmetically unwanted, treatment may be done by freezing the tag with liquid nitrogen, tying off the tag with a thread or suture so as to cut off the blood supply, or cutting off (excising) the tag with a scalpel or scissors. The simplest treatment is surgical removal, usually with scissors, to snip the skin tag off. Skin tags may be treated by snipping with scissors, Freezing with liquid nitrogen (cryosurgery) and destroying the skin tag(s) with an instrument providing a small of amount of electrical current (electrodesiccation).
Skin Tags Treatment Tips
1. Use of the tincture or capsules boosts the immune system.
2. Snipping with scissors is also helpful treatment against skin tags.
3. Liquid nitrogen is applied directly to the skin-tag in order to freeze the growth
4. Removed skin tag with an instrument providing a small of amount of electrical current.
5. Chromium polynicotinate can also be taken and is sold under the name Natrol ChromeMate .
6. Aloe gel has antiviral & antibacterial properties.
7. Astragalus use of the tincture or capsules boosts the immune system.
8. Black walnut is also used to treat skin tags.
Food For Thought And Health