Coughing is an action the body takes to get rid of substances that are irritating the air passages. oughs can be either acute or chronic. Acute coughs begin suddenly and usually last no more than 2 to 3 weeks. Acute coughs are the kind you most often get with a cold or flu. Chronic coughs last longer than 2 to 3 weeks. Coughing may also be used for psychological or social reasons, such as the coughing before giving a speech. Causes of chronic cough include smoking asthma and allergies. Coughing is a reflex that keeps your throat and airways clear. The common causes of chronic dry coughing include post-nasal drip, gastroesophageal reflux disease, asthma, post viral cough and certain drugs such as beta blockers, ACE inhibitors and aspirin.
Cough reflex is initiated by stimulation of two different classes of afferent nerves. Coughs can be treated with cough medicines. Water can help ease your cough - whether you drink it or add it to the air with a steamy shower or vaporizer. Cough home remedy treatment is very effective. Some home remedies for Cough are gargling with salt and warm water can also be helpful by cutting phlegm. Do not give non-prescription cough medicines to children under 14 years of age.
Drink lots of hot tea with lemon and raspberry jam. Add two tablespoons of glycerine and two tablespoons of honey to the lemon juice. Take 1 teaspoonful daily.
warm one teaspoon of honey and then stir in a teaspoon of lemon juice.
Aloe vera Mix equal parts of aloe juice and honey. This is very good for a scratchy cough. Take some eucalyptus leaves and mint leaves and boil them together in water. Now inhale its vapors. It will help you in curing your cough and is also one of the good home remedies for cough. Ginger make a tea using ginger and drink 6 oz several times a day, as needed. Take 1 cup water and bring it to a boil. In this add on 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain). Boil till half. Add 1 tsp of honey and drink it twice a day. Saturate slices of oranges in wine overnight. Cook in the morning until the slices are very soft. Eat several times a day. Also very good for phlegm. Mullein soothes and relaxes the lungs and bronchial tubes, which eases a cough.
Home Remedies for Cough Tips
1. Add a gram of turmeric powder to a teaspoon of honey for curing dry cough.
2. Add a little ginger juice to a teaspoon of honey and take for relief.
3. Drink hot milk with honey at bedtime.
4. Make cough syrup from baked onion juice, comfrey tea, and honey.
5. Apple cider vinegar Sprinkle apple cider vinegar on your pillowcase before bedtime.
6. Grapes help a great deal in treating cold in a few days.
7. Essential oil of juniper- A fewdrops may be used in hot water for cough relief.
8. A cup of grape juice mixed with a teaspoon of honey is recommended for cough relief.
9. Apple cider vinegar Sprinkle apple cider vinegar on your pillowcase before bedtime.
10. Drink herbal tea with cinnamon to stop the coughing.
Hair Growth Ways