A Cancer Survivor Story You Are Going To Die

One of my more dramatic experiences with a doctor was with the head of radiation oncology at a top hospital in NY. When he found out I had been doing an alternative protocol for a year since the diagnosis, he looked directly at me and said, "Greg, if you don't something, you are going to die!" I didn't react. What was the point! I knew from his perspective that's how he saw my actions.

I saw from a deeper place in that moment that his confrontation was coming from a place of wanting to help me; it was coming from his medical training and his day-to-day life as an oncologist with patients dying on him.

If you do decide to pursue an alternative protocol, you have to ready yourself for these types of encounters. You want to be able to see these doctors with innocence. They are truly doing the best they can. I can not imagine what it's like to be in business where people die on you. I don't care how numb or detached doctors become; it's having an effect on them.

A few years after that experience when I did finally opt for conventional treatment, I told my doctor that story. He said, "Greg, you should have told him, 'we're all going to die sometime!' That would have been clever and the truth and for while after he told me that I wished I had said it. I don't feel that way now. I think the understanding no-reply was the more loving response and kept me in a good feeling place.

One thing you don't want to do in a moment like that is try and convince that doctor otherwise! Don't get into a debate. It will only pull you into a bad place. Just let it be and let him has his opinion. If you are going to do an alternative protocol, this lack of understanding of your choice might come from many directions: family, friends, coworkers. Don't, and I repeat, don't let yourself get sucked into a bad feeling defending your choice.

Keep your boundaries. And if people in your life can't respect them, then sadly it might be time to keep some distance from that person. Of course, after you have done everything you can to communicate to them in a healthy way your boundaries.

Remember the actions you take on your path of healing is a healing in of itself. This is the path of a warrior. They focus on "how" they do something.

Keep responding with love to all those around you. More love, equals more healing. That's a formula for victory!
Source: http://www.profoundarticles.com/articledetail.php?artid=62972&catid=708
Weight Loss Diets

No comments: